Saturday 5 November 2011

Project Runway Winner - Chee Talks Winning Project Runway - Anya Ayoung

Anya Ayoung-Chee

Richard McLaren/Lifetime

When your woman auditioned pertaining to , she accepted she'd just been sewing for some months, but now Anya Ayoung-Chee may be a bona-fide designer with above $100,000 within the bank.

The previous Miss Trinidad and also Tobago , a well-kept magic formula possibly not revealed until finally Thursday night's episode.

"I eventually feel such as I can love that really I can certainly tell everybody," Ayoung-Chee informs PEOPLE. "It's really overwhelming. I emerged from certainly not ready going previous that casting on account of my own sewing skills . it is just essentially the most astounding story, and also I'm simply alongside with the ride."

Ayoung-Chee, 30, was a favorite belonging to the judges, and also received various challenges upon her street that will victory. But your lady additionally been given several criticism from contestants specifically many other finalist Joshua McKinley about her not enough sewing skills.

"I considered the item had been unnecessary at times, but I under no circumstances took the idea personally," Ayoung-Chee explains. "He as well as I are very good friends, and also I believe I definitely get him. Sometimes this individual pronounces elements that your dog may well not necessarily mean, intended for not any various other reason than in which this individual was harmed himself."

In the finale, mentor Tim Gunn proficient each designer using $500 intended for extras with Mood Fabrics, that they will would use that will enrich their own ultimate collections. "It was unquestionably integral," Ayoung-Chee affirms in the cash. "I have no idea exactly what would've occured if we all don't uncover look at Mood. I realized that was a large blessing from of which moment."

Her variety regarding breezy, Caribbean-inspired dresses ended up being "definitely strong," she says, nevertheless you will find quite a few tweaks she'd produce into the clothes.

"I believe that ?t had been strong and also acquired a many appeal," she shares. "But which has a not much more time, plus much more clarity, I would've had somewhat little extra variety inside shapes. I believe ?t had been slightly repeated using some on the necklines."

Now together with $100,000 in your budget plus an additional $10,000 your lady won whenever she seemed to be crowned "fan favorite" Ayoung-Chee is usually active starting an Internet sell web site over time to the holidays plus assisting all those around need. "I will become a microfinance personal loan along with the lover favorite money in order to assistance young, inspiring individuals around the Caribbean," the lady says. "It's a great unsupported place of commerce, so I'm fired up to begin that."

In your meantime, she is making the most of period with her loved ones and responding in order to celebrities, who?re already contacting the woman in place to be able to pattern some tailor made clothes. And seeing that for all those so-so sewing skills? "Yes, they have improved" your woman says, laughing. "Absolutely!"

Heidi Klum From this PEOPLE TV Archive

No comments:

Post a Comment