Wednesday 14 September 2011

Hot! Sherri Shepherd

What I m about to say is going to be difficult to understand. Here it goes. There are actually some celebrities that get married without publicizing the hell out of it.

I know, it took me a while to fathom, too.

The View returned to ABC in its 15th season on Tuesday, and while the show was on hiatus, both Sherri Shepherd and Joy Behar tied the knot. Joy and her longtime partner, Steve Janowitz, married after dating for 29 years. I guess it was getting serious. Behar gave a top ten list of reasons for marrying Janowitz. Joy is expecting twins was number one.

But the real reason for her decision was the recent passage of gay marriage legislation in New York.

"It did have an influence on me it brought to my consciousness why gays needed to get married," she said. "And I thought it was a good reason for me to get married. And so did Steve, so we did it."

Plus, she said, "If he was going to get down on one knee, I wanted it be during the time when he could still get up from one knee."

Sherri had her wedding the day after her co-host. On August 13, Shepherd married Lamar Sally in Chicago.

I m going to make this marriage work if it kills me, Shepherd said when the show started.

How romantic. Let s hope Sherri picked better words for her vows.

Shepherd s wedding was filmed for a Style Network special that is set to air on September 13. So I guess Sherri is publicizing her marraige, but since her last name doesn t start with a K and rhyme with Shmardashian, it didn t get as much press.

Shepherd revealed there was a close call during the wedding celebration.

"One of my bridesmaids, I think it was Niecy Nash, said, 'Don't wear any underwear," Shepherd said. "They knew me and Sal had been celibate for 11 months, so anything do to get him turned back on."

And there s nothing that turns a guy on more than the possibility of spreading your crotch germs.

So then, when her mic fell down her dress and the crew tried to put it back, this happened:

They're lifting my dress and I'm screaming, 'No, I have no panties on,'" Shepherd said. "And one bridesmaid thought I kept screaming, 'My pancreas! My pancreas!'

So who came to her rescue? None other than bridesmaid Elisabeth Hasselbeck:

Like a person drowning who won't let you help them," she said of trying to calm the bride, "I was ready to slap you."

No comments:

Post a Comment